RASTKE by Ljubno ob Savinji
The village got its name from the mouth of two brooks which come here together (“Rastoke” means the area of a mouth). Although old people believe that the name originates from a lush spruce growth (“Rastke” means the area of spruce). A farmer Rastovčnik lived in the village. His farm was bought by the farmer Žagar in 1864. From those times originates a well known Rastovčnik inn with the inscription on the pedestal “Today for money, tomorrow for funny”. The inn operated till the 2nd World War. Apart from a barn and a mill they built also the church of St. Nicholas – the patron of lumberjacks.
Abundant brooks drove many mills and sawmill, but the only preserved till today are the Atelšek mill and the Tašek mill. Forestry is still an important way of making a living. Trunks used to be transported down to the valley by skid rows (“rizha”) and later by lumber rafts down the river Savinja. The Rastovčnik farm extended into the village Ljubenske Rastke. There are seven eco-farms in the district Planina, the farm Visočnik in the village Ter is also a tourist farm.